276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Masottina Prosecco Brut NV, Veneto, Italy 75cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Prosecco has been a hit in the Netherlands for years and actually everywhere in Europe, except in Italy itself. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Given the vineyard's reputation, I was expecting great things and to be honest it did not disappoint. The elegant Contrada Granda Brut Prosecco Superiore Conegliano Valdobbiadene from Italy is a single-varietal wine made from the Glera grape variety.

Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Located in Prosecco’s Conegliano region of the Veneto, on white marne soils, lie the 60hectares of Masottina’s vineyards.A passion born in the vineyard - With every harvest for the past 75 years the Dal Bianco family has renewed its roots and inspiration. Aromas of wisteria, wild flower and citrus lead the way while the dry refreshing palate doles out yellow apple, Bartlett pear and lemon peel. Intense but refined, on the nose strong scents typical of the variety, including apples, apricots and white melons; tho which are added the fresh, citrus notes of limes, lemons and pink grapefruit. The company was founded in 1946 by grandfather Epifanio Dal Bianco, who laid the foundations to produce excellent wines.

The aroma then gathers into almost palpable hints of apples; clear at first but with surprising varietal notes that give the freshness of green apples and the soft sweetness of quinces. The remaining grapes are drawn from the vineyards of Solighetto, known for producing Proseccos with pronounced minerality, and Rolle, a northern area associated with wines of striking acidity. And since being awarded the DOCGarantita status last year (the highest political wine award in the land! You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Praised by Decanter’s critics as “silky and seductive on the palate with a floral character and zesty acidity, ending in a steely finish,” this Masottina release can challenge—or even upend—your expectations of Extra Dry Prosecco.

The pear and peel come through and it is for my point of view a bit expressive for this type of sparkling wine. We’ve got their 95-point Extra Dry Prosecco, praised by Decanter as “silky and seductive on the palate,” available for an extraordinary discount. The winery is the place where our winemaking spirit is fully expressed, vinifying grapes accurately and rapidly to keep them from oxidizing.

Silky and seductive on the palate with a floral character and zesty acidity, ending in a steely finish. It is the perfect accompaniment to pasta with sausage dumplings, yoghurt mousse with poppy seeds or cabbage roulades. So it came as no surprise to find them among Decanter’s 2021 Top Classic wines of the year, a list honoring bottles that epitomize a “premium, textbook style of wine. By purchasing this product you confirm you are over the age of 18 years old, will recycle the packaging and care about the environment. This exquisite collection of terroirs undergoes secondary fermentation and maturation over the course of a month, followed by another month of aging.

The addition of yeast to the wine in a pressurized stainless steel tank allows the still wine to acquire its bubbles over a month period before being filtered and bottled. To make this Prosecco Rose Brut, white Glera grapes are blended with wine made from the red varieties Pinot Nero and indigenous Raboso.

We endeavour to source wines from small family-operated vineyards, who are either certified organic, bio-dynamic, or working towards this. The palate has a wonderful volume of very fine bubbles, with sherbet lemon and pear fruit and a crystalline finish. As if that wasn't already impressive, further aromas such as lime leaves are added thanks to the ageing in stainless steel. Prosecco grape is distinguished by its aromatics of lemon and green apples, and its subtle flavours of white peaches, freshly picked flowers and notes of yeastiness. In short, the subscription product is for wine drinkers wanting to discover new wines and are happy for us to chose for them where the wine club is for those who know what they like and want to have control over which wines they receive.I had to break the news to him that we don't sell deli meats (OMG I wish we did) and he had to explain to me that it was a sparkling wine. I swear I saw an article recently saying that the region was putting a halt on any new vineyards being planted for awhile so they can try and maintain some sort of quality instead of getting completely out of control, but I can't find that article now. This facile style of spumante was born with the advent of the autoclave tank, coming during the 1970s as the industry sought a cheap source of endless fizz.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment