276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hagitude: Reimagining the Second Half of Life

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. As well as writing five books of fiction and nonfiction, including the bestselling If Women Rose Rooted, her writing has appeared in several international media outlets, among them the Guardian, the Irish Times, and the Scotsman. I love that people need to read the book, I think to go into the depths of why that isn’t true, but that the underlying truth is actually darker and harder. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

But there’s also developing the skill set, if I can use that word, to manage the really tough stuff that can come along with Elderhood as well. She talks with animals and inanimate things and sees them as symbols or the universe sending messages. She coined the title word, “Hagitude,” to refer to an aging woman’s refusal to be silenced or invisible, adding, “The overculture would so like to pretend they’re not there.

Until this book I would have said that I didn’t feel much of a divide; her ideas have excited and validated me. THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW BOOK BY THE AUTHOR OF THE BESTSELLING IF WOMEN ROSE ROOTED , EMPOWERING WOMEN IN THE SECOND HALF OF LIFE. That Granny Weatherwax is a granite witch, she couldn’t be anything else, you know, you couldn’t displace her to chalk.

The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.Hagitude takes readers through the “house of elders” — an extraordinary cast of figures including fairy godmothers, wise women, tricksters and creators, offering bewitching role models for women in their later years. As mythologist and psychologist Sharon Blackie describes it, midlife is the threshold to decades of opportunity and profound transformation, a time to learn, flourish, and claim the desires and identities that are often limited during earlier life stages. Were there equivalent stories for young men that I just don’t know about, because folktales are not my thing? After a few twists and turns, including some unwise years advising a tobacco company on smoking and health and safer cigarettes, and the acquisition of a master’s degree in Creative Writing, I moved to a croft in the north-west Highlands of Scotland. And it is curious that that doesn’t seem to bear any relationship to my preferences, any more than the fact that I was born in the north east of England seems to make any difference to my preferences always for the West.

She knows her archetypes, knows her Jung, knows her fairy tales and knows her neuroscience, and is sick of being patronised by men who don’t.Blackie fills these pages with stories from her native land — the islands of Britain and Ireland — including a great grandmother goddess, Cailleach, and other divine elder women. She invites you to re-examine, to reimagine and engage with stories and folklore, with nature, our natural cycles, our true selves. And I said to a friend of mine that it felt as if death had walked uninvited into my house and sat down at the table. Hagitude is a powerful read, it stirs and emboldens and also offers comfort and reassurance, it’s a force of nature in itself I can highly recommend. Now you’re moving slowly into Elder Hood and what did that mean to me and what was I going to become?

And the argument, I think, or the way that I see it, would be that there are two purposes that are intertwined in the soul’s journey through the world.She has written two novels and two non-fiction books exploring it, including the eco feminist bestseller If Women Rose Rooted. How can we map the territory, prepare ourselves for yet another searing transformation, and move into the second half of life with a new sense of vitality, creativity and vision?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment